Saturday, January 26, 2008

Music and the XO

Well, I was sitting around playing Barbu and Friends with a Wizard deck the other night with some Math friends and had my XO handy. Having just seen the news about last.fm, I thought I would give it a try. I wasn't expecting much since I have been having troubles playing videos - getting no video, choppy sound etc. Anyway, the site played beautifully through Firefox with Flash installed and we enjoyed some music on the Colin James' Similar Artists channel. Too bad that Pandora is still unable to have Canadian users.

Then, on my trip home, I realized that I had not charged my iPod. I whipped the XO out and had it running on the passenger seat, with its solid state drive, and it charged the iPod nicely before "As it happens" was done.

I just found out about feh. It sounds like it can make the XO act like a digital picture frame. I am going to try it out.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a good .mp3 player application for the XO that will play music off a USB drive - with playlists, shuffle, continuous play etc?

No comments: